The Solovetsky Monastery farmstead in Arkhangelsk was functioning already at the end of the 16th – beginning of the 17th centuries. The monastery needed warehouses, shops and private housing for brothers and pilgrims. A stone church in honor of Saints Zosima, Savvaty and German Solovetsky was blessed there in 1898: “a three-headed church with a little bell tower above it faced toward the Northern Dvina embankment.” In the summer of 1920 the Solovetsky monastery farmstead was closed, and by 1922 church services were no longer being held. In 1990 monastic life on the Solovetsky Islands was born again. In October 1992, the Solovetsky monastery farmstead was reopened in the very same place in Arkhangelsk upon blessings by the Patriarch Alexey II. Restoration of the Zosima, Savvaty and German Solovetsky Church began immediately, and in 1998 the Episcope of Arkhangelsk and Kholmogory Tikhon blessed the church. Now regular church services are held there.
Address: 77/1, Northern Dvina Embankment