Petrovsky Park is located in the center of Arkhangelsk, it is a landmark of the city and a recreation spot among Arkhangelsk citizens and tourists. Before the Russian Revolution, the park was called Gagarinskiy Garden. The initiative to make a garden belonged to Sergey Gagarin, the Governor of Arkhangelsk. Before that, this place was called the Lomonosov Meadow and was not architecturally decorated. Now, there is the Arkhangelsk Drama Theater in the center of Petrovskiy Park. The modern building of the Arkhangelsk Drama Theater was constructed on the foundation of the Holy Trinity Cathedral destroyed in 1929. Lawns, tall trees, benches make the territory cozy. There is a large playground in the form of a ship for children.
Address: by Arkhangelsk Drama Theater